Update: We have hired a kick-ass developer. Welcome to the team, Jerry!
This position requires a multi-disciplinary set of web development skills to create and implement effective solutions for websites and web-based applications for clients and in-house projects. You will be collaborating with each phase of our creative process including information architecture, graphic design, and web development.
Your work will entail maintaining and extending current sites and developing new websites using our creative process. Graphic design skills are not required, but if you can take a finished design and create a functioning website you’re a good fit for this position. However, design experience is a plus!
Vim’s work environment is fast-paced and fun, promoting continuing education, pride in our work, and taking care of our team. When you sit down to speak with us, ask us how we make sure you stay current on web trends.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years web development experience
- Understanding of Max OSX for everyday use
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop for slicing and optimizing images
- Proficiency in your preferred coding environment: Dreamweaver, Textmate, BBEdit, etc. Knowing how to hand-code is a must! Vim will not except code produced from Dreamweaver or similar WYSIWYG programs
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS for table-less design
- Basic proficiency of jQuery, PHP, and MYSQL
- Understanding of W3C standards, browser-specific bugs in IE, Firefox and Chrome, and browser-display differences on different operating systems and devices
- Must possess a high attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Must be able to produce accurate and high quality deliverables under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of ExpressionEngine and how to implement or a willingness to learn at a fast pace
- Knowledge of the Codeigniter PHP framework is a plus
- Produce effective technical solutions that satisfy project requirements
- Apply user-centric design techniques and best practices to develop websites
- Quickly prototype conceptual designs
- Convert graphics files—Photoshop, Fireworks, etc.—to HTML templates
- Work with web director to discuss and interpret the business needs of clients and our in-house projects
- Be involved with other deliverables such as marketing, emails, image manipulation, client meetings, etc.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate web development features effectively to project stakeholders and work colleagues. Must be able to read and interpret process-oriented documents such as wireframes and graphic design specs and also write progress reports and correspondence.
Before You Contact Vim
Consider the following:
- Are you a team player?
- Are you self-motivated?
- Do you further your skill and education outside of work?
- Can you balance multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines?
- Have you prepared your portfolio and resume?
Send us an email with your resume and portfolio using the subject “Entry-level web developer position” to email@example.com.