Vim Interactive is an interactive agency/software development shop based in Baltimore with DC offices. We work with Fortune 100 companies, top-tier academic institutions, international non-profits, and hungry start-ups on award-winning digital campaigns. Everyone from Marriott to Johns Hopkins University to the United Nations.
We're hiring a senior level web designer to work in our Baltimore office (full-time, in-house).
The ideal candidate would be:
- Fun, possess a sense of humor, and have a personality. Meshing with our current staff, team, and clients is very important
- Multi-faceted who knows about and designs with user experience, usability and web standards in mind
- Team player that seamlessly interacts with our IA/UX team, our development team, and our clients
- Able to translate functional requirements and high-fidelity prototypes/wireframes into awe-inspiring designs for web sites, web apps, mobile sites, and mobile apps
- Passionate about clean and functional design, usability standards, and understand web technologies
- Have at least three years of professional digital design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Possess an understanding of modern HTML & CSS and jQuery and how it relates to what you design
- Experience and familiarity with Axure and/or ExpressionEngine is a big plus
- Candidate must be able to work onsite in our Baltimore office
- We provide free lunch on Fridays
- Candidate must also understand that this is not a 9-5 job: we take a lot of pride in our work, which sometimes requires to put a bit more hours to deliver outstanding design solutions. But we make the work environment fun and enjoyable.
Well, that's all folks. To apply, please send an email with your resume, portfolio, favorite TV show, and least-favorite zoo animal with "Designer" in the subject line. Some character/personality in the email body won't hurt either. Cheers!